I ran into a few manufacturing snags which held up the process a little bit, unfortunately. The two biggest issues were a near-failure of the silicone mold used for casting the face (which I was able to work through, thank goodness). The other has been the absolute non-cooperation of the weather, producing steady downpours almost every day for the past month. Not only is it rough when I have to be outdoors for some things (priming, spraying, sanding), but it also builds up a lot of humidity which does not play nice with casting resin!
However, I'm happy to report that I'm finishing these steadily and I'll have them all shipped within the week! My apologies for the extra few days this added to everybody's wait time - I know you're probably eager to have these, by now, and at this point I can confidently say, they are almost there!
Here are some pictures I took this past week - everything is at a much less attractive phase now, but I wanted to share some process shots with you...
|Crate of faces - the box is 4" deep, and filled to the top!|
|Left: ears all pinned together before sewing. Right: body pieces ready to be sewn.|
|Vial of scent blend, which will give a soft, dark fragrance to each Belladonna.|