I wear jewelry every day; it's an essential part of my feeling prepared to take on the world, and in some ways they could be considered talismans or amulets...objects that have touched my skin countless times and been with me in every situation of my life. My collection is actually rather small - I would rather have a just few quality pieces that match and go with anything I wear, for any occasion, rather than have a million items to keep track of. I don't have any jewelry with precious stones that are cut to sparkle, and aside from a ring I don't wear (but keep for sentimental reasons), I own no gold. I'm attracted to shiny objects for sure, but my taste is pretty rustic. I like metal that's a little beat-up; I like to see a bit of corrosion or patina, or little scratches on the surface from use.
After all the pictures I've included a list of what these pieces are, and where you can get most of them (or something similar).
1) Bronze Ram's Skull: (actual artist unknown, was purchased for me as a gift from California) similar one here by Etsy seller MRD74
2) Silver antique lace ring by Peg and Awl, also a gift.
3) Quartz point pendant - I don't remember the specific seller, but there are a few on Etsy that sell these.
4) Antique Key - found at an antique store in a town I used to live in.
5) Silver Russian prayer ring - purchased in a St. Petersburg church in Russia when I was 19. The old script on it says "Lord, save me and protect me"
6) Herkimer diamond wire-wrap pendant - given to me by the very sweet Kim H. of Fall Hill Bead and Gem at a craft show years ago. They hunt for and sell herkimer diamonds from New York.
7) Twig broomstick pendant by Burial Ground - I wear this piece the least because it's so delicate, but those little twigs are incredibly detailed and lifelike.
8) Earrings: steel spirals, horn spirals, and steel claws in size 4g - I've had these for so long (like a decade or more) that I don't even know where they came from. Pretty sure you can get them at most retailers of jewelry for stretched ears.